Is there any medication that will make me stay calm & build confidence?

I need to stay calm & do not lose confidence Do let me know if anything can be done using medications
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 45 minutes later

I can understand your concern for these symptoms. Basically what you are having is depression. Depression is a mental disorder characterized by a pervasive low mood, loss of interest in usual activities and diminished ability to experience pleasure.

You should talk to your psychiatrist about depression and get antidepressants prescribed. Psychotherapy will also help a lot in your case. Apart from that, try doing regular physical exercise by joining a gym.

Exercise is of paramount importance because it releases endorphins from the body. Do not indulge in any drinking or substance abuse. Also you should start reading good books, employing relaxation techniques like meditation, spending time in your favorite activities and interacting with people. Communicating and discussing your feelings is an integral part of your treatment and will help with your recovery.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.