Is there any correlation between my MRI findings and sharp pain in lower abdomen?

I have been having sharp pain in my lower right abdomen and flank for 4 weeks. My MRI results show an 8mm cyst on my right adrenal gland and a 7 mm cyst on my right kidney. My doctor (who i rarely see) insisted that there was nothing there to cause me this pain, that it was "all in my head" and to "go see a psychiatrist." I find it incredibly coincidental that all of the abnormalities are in the area I am having pain. My question is, could there be any correlation between the MRI findings and the pain I have been experiencing, or is it time to check into the Funny Farm?
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into the query I will like to tell you that it is very unlikely that the cysts in your abdomen will lead to this . Unless there is a rupture , haemorrhage inside the cyst or it is compressing some structure it is very unlikely that it will lead to pain . Your treating doctor remains the best judge as he has examined you , I will advise you to follow his advise . Take care. Dr. Shruti