Is there a medical way to break the hymen?

May 2013
Hi, I am a 29-year married woman. I haven't had sex with my husband yet as I feel I have a very intact hymen. We have tried intercourse couple of times, but the pain stops me from allowing him to push inside, and this irritates him from attempting it again. Is there a medical way to break the hymen. And if so, is it a painful procedure??
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later

Some women can face this problem during early days of marriage due to fear, anxiety, structural causes etc.
Usually most of the times the problem is psychological.
So what you can do is:
Apply analgesic like xylocaine jelly around and little inside the vagina before the act, which will help in decreasing the pain and also help in lubrication.
As now you got a solution for pain, decrease your anxiety and prepare yourself mentally for the act which will have much impact.
Better to spend some time with each other before intercourse which will help in decreasing the anxiety and in changing the atmosphere.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Is there a medical way to break the hymen? 14 hours later
Thanks for your response.

But I would like to know if I consult any gynecologist, will she be able to break the hymen for me..I don't think any lubricating jell can help, as I have tried one already. I am based in Bangalore, can you suggest some place where this can be done?? I already have a doctor checked me to see if everything is fine. She had put in a finger of hers and said just the hymen needs to be broken..

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

Breaking of the hymen can be done by different measures like:
Doctor can dilate the vagina by inserting two lubricated gloved fingers and stretching. This can break the hymen.
By using vaginal dilators hymen can be breached.
In case of tough hymen, surgical methods like giving cruciate incision on hymen can be perforated. As it will be done under general anesthesia you will not have pain.

It can be done in any hospital where gynecologist and operation theater are available.
You can select from this list: WWW.WWWW.WW

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.