Is taking Buccastem for nausea safe during pregnancy?
User rating for this question
can my pregnant partner take buccastem for nausea ?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Buccastem contains Prochlorperazine, preg cat C Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Buccastem contains Prochlorperazine, it is a centrally acting drug which is categorized into Pregnancy Category C. This category means, animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks. So the risk is yours. There are much safer medicines for nausea such as Ondensetron/granisetron which fall in Pregnancy category B, which means they have failed to show any effects on fetuses in animal studies, and either well controlled human studies are not available or they also to fail to show any effect on fetuses as well. I would advice the later medicines I mentioned, that is either Ondensetron/granisetron. I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask me if you have any doubts. Kind regards
People also viewed
- What medications not to take with oxy elite pro
- Suddenly feel faint rise in temp
- Oxy elite pro toxic liver
- Symptoms legs feel heavy
- Losartan oxy elite pro
- Can i use oxy elite with my thyroid medicine?
- Taking buccastem
- Taking buccastem numkb tongue
- Nausea during early pregnancy
- Sperm defects from using hydrocodone
- Is nausea compulsory during pregnancy
- Strong chemical smelling urine and vyvanse
- Is taking buccastem for nausea safe during pregnancy
- Oxy elite pro safe with thyroid meds?
- Strong sleeping pills that will knock you out