Is safe to smoke marijuana when suffering from kidney problem?
User rating for this question
Hello i have a damaged kidney from a bad toxin i put into my body. I have stopped my smoking my prescription marijuana for my arthritis because i fear it will make my kidney worse because it still hurts. The same thing happened to a friend of mine and he said all i need to do is rest and wait for my kidney to heal. Should I wait until my kidney is healed to smoke or will it not affect my kidney?
Posted Thu, 6 Feb 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Marijuana is not safe Detailed Answer: Hello, Marijuana can cause renal failure and there are reports of renal infarction(death of renal tissue). It's better to avoid Marijuana. I would treat by using hydroxychloroquin and leflunamide for your arthritis & these drugs are renoprotective. Usage of splints will reduce pain and swelling. Striking a balance between exercise and rest is important to avoid stiffness and joint pain due to arthritis. Easy stretching exercises give pain relief. Hope this answers your question. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Sore throat in kidney failure
- Sneezing and kidney failure
- Sinusitis and kidney failure
- Does guiness cause acne
- Orange stools kidney failure
- Is safe to smoke marijuana when suffering from kidney problem
- Kidney failure and smoking marijuana
- Tongue symptoms with kidney failure
- Can eyedrops cause acne
- Does epidurals cause acne
- Smoking marijuana lead to kidney stone
- Acne on scalp can cause headache
- Does hiv cause acne
- Kidney transplant donor smoking marijuana
- Smoking marijuana and thyroid kidney stones