Is pink slimy discharge followed by brown discharge a sign of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I started having pink slimy discharge today followed by Brown discharge. A week ago I had taken a pregnancy test and it came out positive but I took one last night and it was negative. Won't start my period for a week and a half I don't know what's going on or if it's normal?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: GET BLOOD B HCG TEST PLUS PELVIC ULTRASOUND SCAN Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Would you please let me know the date of your last menstrual period, and your general cycle pattern ? From what you have written, I gather that you had a positive pregnancy test 10 days before your period was due ? That is very less likely, unless the previous period you had was not normal. Also, a positive pregnancy test followed by a negative one later, implies that you had a failed pregnancy ( a chemical pregnancy ) or in simpler terms - a miscarriage. To be absolutely sure, you need to have blood B HCG values and a pelvic ultrasound scan, as sometimes, conditions like ectopic pregnancy ( pregnancy outside the uterus ) can also present in this way. All the best Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.

Follow-up: Is pink slimy discharge followed by brown discharge a sign of pregnancy? 4 minutes later
My last period I had was on november 22nd to the 26th it seemed pretty normal was not too heavy though. I recently had an iud removed I haven't really had much of a period in at least a year due to the iud. The one in November was the first one after the removal.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: Well, having a positive pregnancy test 10 days before your period is due, is virtually unheard of ! Are you sure you had a positive test ? If the answer is yes, you need to have blood B HCG values and a pelvic ultrasound scan.

Follow-up: Is pink slimy discharge followed by brown discharge a sign of pregnancy? 3 minutes later
I am sure it was positive. I honestly thought that it just could have been a false positive so I didn't really think about it especially after the negative one last night. But the discharge today freaked me out

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILED BELOW Detailed Answer: If it was unequivocally positive, then go for an ultrasound and blood test. The picture seems more likely to be a miscarriage.