Is my blood pressure okay?

I am 81 years old. My blood pressure this morning was 148/60 is this ok? My weight is about 160 height 5ft by9inches.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

At any age, blood pressure below 140/90 is acceptable. Accordingly your diastolic pressure in on lower side. But in the absence any symptoms, it is not significant. So do not worry.

If you are taking any blood pressure medications then you need to talk to your doctor and get its dose adjusted.

My suggestions to you are:
1. Drink more of fluids during the day.
2. Regular diet containing plenty of fruits and vegetables are beneficial.
3. You need to visit your physician if you are having, headache, giddiness, weakness etc.

I hope this answers your query. I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

Dr. Pragnesh