Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland stimulation?

Hello Doctor, Subject : Low testosterone 44 ong/dl and High TSH 3.42 ulu/ml blood reading found in a 15 year old male. Is it related to Anterior Pituary gland stimulation? Blood readings also showed low Vitamin D 16.3 ng/mL This 15 year old male is very energetic and active in sports. Please give me a good suggestion for further treatments. Weight : 133 pounds Height 5 feet 9 Inches. We are redoing the test with Zinc level and estrogen levels and waiting for the blood results.
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 12 hours later
Brief Answer: further tests and some treatment suggested Detailed Answer: Hi, welcome to our site. I am Dr Saumya Mittal. Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query I have seen your reports. There is some part of it that is missing. I would recommend that you update a complete picture, as a part of the thyroid antibody report is missing. Having said that, I would prefer we wait a bit for the thyroid replacement because the levels are only mildly affected. And so we need to repeat the test in 6 weeks time and see. If the problem persists we can start something. As for the low testosterone report, I would also like you to wait for the oestrogen report first. I would also have suggested a ultrasound of the scrotum, and maybe a semen analysis. But I would wait for the report of estrogen levels. And finally, for the vitamin D levels, I think you need to start some treatment. The replacement is usually simple. A dose of 60000 units once a week, once a week is good enough. And a repeat test of this should be done in 6 weeks again. I would also like you to tell me why the tests were done in the first place. The query is silent if he has a problem. I hope this helps you. Inform the reports mentioned above so i can be of help further. Best of luck. I have given you the answer to the maximum considering the information provided. The results of the tests could further enhance my answer to you. Please do understand that some details could be extracted from a detailed history and examination. Looking forward to your return query with the details asked so that I can help you further. (If the answer has helped you, please indicate this)
Follow-up: Is low testosterone and high TSH related to anterior pituitary gland stimulation? 7 hours later
Thank You very much for your reply. I was a little concerned about his voice and facial hair for last 2 years, and my husband got his facial hair around 15 to 16 years too. Otherwise, my son is very active and energetic. His voice has not changed that much when I compared with other age groups. Moreover, I took him to the doctor for an annual physical check-up. It was very confusing to know about the testosterone numbers. He don't have any symptoms that comes with low T. If it is related to Pituitary gland, Is it curable?
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details noted Detailed Answer: Hello there (sorry, I didn't get your name from any of the two queries.) Thanks for your confidence in my answer and me. I have noted the details of the history for future use. As of now I can only say that we will have to wait for the results that I mentioned before in the day today.Once we have the tests and a certain diagnosis, we can maybe move from there. However from your queries I am getting a feeling that you are tense. I must ask you to relax. I understand it might be wrong on my part to say so, but do relax. Till we have a certain diagnosis, comments on such questions as whether it is treatable or not are irresponsible on my part. I request you to be patient and wait for the report. Awaiting your further response. Sincerely Dr Saumya Mittal