Is it true that if I have renal cell cancer I will not have symptoms until its advanced stages?

Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will try to provide you with some good information and recommendations.

Renal cancer can cause symptoms in any stage. One of the most common symptoms which patients will report is blood in the urine. We can see this both in early and late stage disease.

I would not assume that all patients with advanced disease do not have any symptoms prior to being diagnosed.

I thank you again for sending your question. I hope you have found my response to be helpful. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Dr. Robert