Is it safe to undergo gamma knife surgery for Trigiminal Neuralgia?

Nov 2013

Is the intensive radiation exposure XXXXXXX when you receive Gamma Knife Surgury for Trigiminal Neuralgia?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Gamma knife surgery is safe for treating trigeminal neuralgia (TN). Generally, the dose of radiation in this procedure is small and it is not XXXXXXX The only downside of gamma knife surgery is that it fails in relieving the pain in about 20% of people and may leave mild numbness over the face. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog: