Is it safe to travel during first and third trimester?

Question
placenta reaching upto XXXXXXX os HI, GOT MY SCAN DONE TODAY 13 WEEKS, CAN I TRAVEL NEXT WEEK ( 4 HOUR FLIGHT )
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Normally travel during first and third trimester should be restricted to minimum. In cases like this, preferably travel should be further restricted.

Placenta near XXXXXXX os may carry a risk of bleeding. Due to any reason when uterus is stimulated or some trivial injury to abdomen, low lying placenta can separate and poses a threat.

Still your doctor is the best person who can answer this question.

Please discuss this with your doctor, he will after examination can guide you properly.

I hope this helps.

Dr.Pragnesh