Is it safe to take Plan B crushed and mixed with food?

Can i crush plan B one step and put it in my food to make it easier to take?
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes but not Ideal!!! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health queries. Drugs are best taken in the conserved form. altering the for before consuming can lead to loss of the active ingredient before reaching the digestive system where it is absorbed into blood. This may affect how well this drug may work towards protecting against unwanted pregnancy. Though I will highly discourage you from doing this, it is better than nothing if this is the only way you can afford to take the drug. Please, emergency contraception is not as good as a regular contraceptive method for several reasons. I will suggest that you consider adopting and using a regular contraceptive method. Please, remember that contraceptive methods other than condoms do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases. Please, always consider using condoms during intercourse to prevent STDs. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Plan B crushed and mixed with food? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your quick answer. I will try not to worry im really worried. He didn't go off inside just on the outside but i still took the plan b just to be safe.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you! Detailed Answer: Thank you for following up with me. I appreciate your proactive measures to make sure you do not become pregnant when you are not prepared for. as i mentioned, never forget your contraception and condoms to help protect against unwanted pregnancies and STDS. I wish you the best of all possible outcomes. Dr. Ditah, MD.