Is it safe to take Herbalife when on Tapizole?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Probably yes Detailed Answer: There is no published study in world thyroid literature to my knowledge that has looked at methimazole and herbalife taken together. So I am not aware of any reported adverse interaction between these two. Further nutritional supplements like herbalife fall under the category of nutraceuticals which are not required to be regulated by the FDA as opposed to prescription medications that are rigorously approved by FDA standards for safety and effectiveness.
Follow-up: Is it safe to take Herbalife when on Tapizole? 14 hours later
But just in general, is it fine to take herbalife with any thyroid problem? I heard herbalife is a natural product, so supposedly it was not harmful, but I just want to clarify.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Probably yes Detailed Answer: Again, nutraceuticals like herbal life do not publish data in medical journals where studies are rigorously vetted before they are shared with the scientific community. So I am not aware of any hard evidence where herbal life was compared with thyroid medication. So if it does not contain iron and calcium which are very well known to impede the absorption of thyroid medication, it should be ok. If it does contain such substances that may potentially reduce the absorption of thyroid medication then herbal life should be taken at a different time of the day than thyroid medication.
People also viewed
- Is herbalife safe for men fertility
- Adhesive tape antiseptic ointment
- Liver functions andd nose bleeds
- Is herbalife safe for weight reduction
- Dermovate for ance dark spots
- Is herbalife safe for heart patient
- Bowel cramps andfeeling faint
- Low calcium andbladder pain
- How to cure spasmo proxybom adictions son
- Taking levothyroxine for hypothyroidism is herbalife supplement safe
- Adhesion in the throat
- Sneezes due to adinoids
- Gyno vishwa andheri east
- Is it safe to take herbalife when on tapizole
- Adenomyosis enlarged lymph node