Is it safe to opt for a blood test when pregnant?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. Of course it is alright and there wont be any,even theoretical, consequances for the baby or for her.The amount of blood taken for these tests is minor and there is no change in hemodinamics or oxygen supply in placenta. All these findings can be measured in one small test tube. Blood tests are routinely taken in pregnancies as it may show some serious disorders such as eclampsy or diabetes. so it is much better to check blood findings and prevent and treat possible disorders. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: Is it safe to opt for a blood test when pregnant? 2 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor. Just a small note adding to this ; blood samples were takefoil 04 small collection tubes. Will this be ok to take that much quantum ?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: yes,this is ok. this is negligible comparing to 5l of blood that we have:) so just dont worry. Blood samples can be taken as much as needed. This will ahve no effect on pregnancy.
People also viewed
- Decreased appetite during second trimester
- Decreased appetite in third trimester
- Head ct scan at 2 weeks pregnant
- Decreased appetite in second trimester
- Head heaviness after headbath
- 4 months pregnant blood test
- Loette androgen effects
- Hard to breath while crying
- Headache left side lip twitch
- Positive tb blood test pregnant
- Negative hcg blood test but pregnant
- Pvc borderline echocardoigram blood tests normal is getting pregnant safe
- Hashimotos thyroiditis cervical muscles and nerves
- Blood test 28 weeks pregnant
- How to control anger when pregnant?