Is it possible to lighten minor labia using hydrogen peroxide or some other chemical?

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to light up the color or minor labia, using hydrogen peroxide or some other chemical. My vulva is fairly white but the outer part of my minor labia is dark and i dont like it. It is also longer that i would like can i do something about it?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You cannot use hydrogen perixide or any chemical. Detailed Answer: Hi Mspeachys, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX You cannot use hydrogen peroxide or any other chemicals to lighten up the color, if you use it may even worsen the situation and make the labia more darker and thicker. The change in texture of labia could be due to any chronic irritation or itching in the vulval region or previous use of some chemicals or just some hormonal change. What I advise you is avoiding all the irritants. Secondly the change in color is absolutely normal unless you have symptoms like chronic itching or vaginal discharge. I presume you don't have any of these symptoms. The labia minora in some women protrude below the labia majora, and they are not always of equal size. Even that is also normal thing. Learning to love your body in its natural form seems challenging , but will ultimately bring about the most personal satisfaction. If you are still concerned then you can go for VAGINOPLASTY operation, this is surgical reduction of labia minora. And for changing the color you might need LASER treatment by a good cosmetologist. But I still advise you to accept it as a normal thing and be happy. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!