Is it normal to have cold foot after a knee injury?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I injured my knee. Possible MCL tear. Waiting for MRI appt on Tuesday. My foot is really cold. Should I be concerned?
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Get it examined. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. If after injury to knee, there is tenderness(painful on touch) and instability at medial side(inner side) of knee joint, there is quite possibility of MCL tear. Cold foot could occur due to temporarily restriction of blood flow. I suggest you to get it examined by your doctor to see the circulation of foot. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care