Is it normal to have abdominal and pelvic cat scan during menstruation?

Is it okay to have a ct abdominal and pelvic cat scan while you are on your menstrual cycle?
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Unless the ct scan is meant to study the endometrial (uterine) lining properties, it is ok to get it done during the menstrual cycle. Thus, the answer to your question lies in the indication for the tests. Thus if you can tell me the probable diagnosis, I will be better able to help you. Mostly endometrial lining properties need to be studied in menstrual abnormalities like heavy bleeding, etc. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee