Is it common to have thick white discharge when on Beyaz BC?

May 2013
I am on my second month on Beyaz BC is it common to have thick white discharge
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thickened cervical mucus Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Beyaz is a combined oral contraceptive pill that contains drospirenone, ehinylestadiol and levomefolate. It helps in preventing the pregnancy by many ways. Thickening the cervical mucus is one of them. It can present as a thick vaginal discharge. So, the discharge you are having could be due to Beyaz only. If you are not having symptoms like altered color of the discharge, itching, smell etc, no need to worry. For more details : Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.