Is immediate doctor visit required for severe contipation leading to nausea,vommiting,gas and insomnia?

General Surgeon
Question
Please advise. I have had crohns and ibs for the past 12 years. I have been constipated for almost 2 weeks, I frequently get nauseous and sometimes vomit. Poor appetite and not sleeping well. Very bloated and gassy. Currently having pain (about 5/10). Today I started having watery brown diarrhea and noticed little white sesame seed looking things in my diarrhea. Lots of em. Does this warrant an ER visit??
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes, you should visit ER. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Yes, this can be urgent. Due to Crohns flare up you may have a bowel obstruction. If your abdomen is bloated, you have low amount of urine, heart rate is high(more than 100) you should go to ER. Abdomen x-ray and blood work should be done. Surgery might be necessary. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.

Follow-up: Is immediate doctor visit required for severe contipation leading to nausea,vommiting,gas and insomnia? 5 hours later
What do you think those sesame seed looking things could be??

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: It is really hard to tell not seeing it. It might be undigested food parts or even some parasites. Without stool analysis it is hard to guess. Regards.

Follow-up: Is immediate doctor visit required for severe contipation leading to nausea,vommiting,gas and insomnia? 54 minutes later
Would parasites alone warrant an ER visit? I have had a lot of loose diarrhea today so im thinking im not obstructed. I am still very gassy and bloated .

Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: . Detailed Answer: Parasites only does not need be consulted on ER. But diarrhea does not mean there is no obstruction. Please note that diarrhea is a very common symptom of partial bowels obstruction. The stool accumulates above the obstruction and when it reaches some point (when the pressure made by this stool is high enough) the obstruction is forced so you get sudden loose stool (diarrhea). Bloating, abdominal cramps, low amount of urine, high heart rate are symptoms which should force you to do not wait with doctors visit. Diarrhea causes dehydration which can be also life threatening. Regards.