Is high dose of Wellbutrin safe?

I have been feeling the best ever, when taking 600mg of wellbutrin & 400mg of lamictal, for my bipolar 2 disorder as well as my ocd. I have been on 400mg of both for 8 years with no side effects, so why do people say 600mg is unsafe?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Unproven risk of arrhythmias Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. I am glad you are feeling so great, Bipolar can be tough at times! There have been scattered reports about Wellbutrin increasing an electrical interval of the heart, called QT, that may theoretically predispose to abnormal rhythms of the heart; the FDA has not issued a black box warning and I have not seen it in clinical practice, so if you are stable from a psychiatric standpoint, I would not change the dose. You should run it by your Internist or Family doctor that knows you best for sure. Hope this helps wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology