Is flucloxacillin effective to treat STI infection?

I was raped on Saturday night, had a full forensic test today to collect evidence, and was recommended to go to get checked for STI that can be treated by antibiotics. I can't face doing this, but have flucloxacillin at home will this be effective, as far as treating possible STU infections?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 39 minutes later
Hi, I am so sorry,

The STIs that are concerning would be HIV, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, trichomonas, herpes and syphilis.There is also a risk of hepatitis B.
Prophylaxis for HIV requires a short course of retroviral medication.
In terms of the chlamydia, gonorrhoea , trichomonas and syphilis, unfortunately none of these would be effectively treated with flucloxacillin which is mainly for skin infections.
Gonorrhoea can be treated with medication such as ceftriaxone, ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin or cefixime.
Chlamydia with doxycycline
Trichomonas with a medication called metronidazole and hepatitis B with immunisation if you do not have a previous history of vaccination for this virus.

If you feel up to it, you can consider re visiting your doctor to receive these medications.

I hope this answers your question and wish you all the best. Feel free to ask any other questions