Is fibroid removal safe and can it lead to infertility?

Infertility Specialist
I have a irregular period and found a fibroid of 6.7 cm size. Would you suggest me to remove the fibroid? Would it be the cause of infertility? Thanks,
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Myomectomy Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) If you have not conceived and suffering from infertility the fibroid could be a major reason. 2) Since you also complain of irregular periods it is more probable that fibroid is causing problems for you. 3) I suggest you undergo laparoscopic myomectomy ( fibroid removal ). Its easier and simpler. 4) Please visit an IVF centre in your place and discuss the option of IVF to conceive after myomectomy as your age is increasing. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol