Is eye pain and increased heart beat caused due to hidden infections in my throat?

ENT Specialist
Question
Good day, I am 26 year old man, doing sport for many years, I was feeling tied, cold feets, naping, naping during mental work, hair loss, erectile disfunction. I went to these symthoms to the doctor after blood analysis he put me dyagnosis of hypohyroid. I began to take 25 micrograms THS ( Eutiroks). After 11 days i felt better and after 2 month my erectile disfunction got better. But after 2 month i left my country for education to Europe. and 1 month after coming here i began to feel harsh head ayck, tension in my ayes and high heart rate. So i was away from my doctor and got affraid and stopped taking hormone. But my head pain tension in ayes and high heart beat were continuing. Then after 2 month with these symthoms my throat little swolled up and i reallized had these pains comes when i drink cold and i feel little pain when i drink cold. Meanwhile my symthomps of hypothyroid came back and will very very bad for them( i also want to mention that my mother is also taking THS pills for long time). I quit with drinking cold drinks and kept my throat warm last 2 weeks and last 1 week since i has some antibiotics at home ( amocsichilin 500mg) i took it 3 time per day during 5 days. After taking care of my throat i felt better it seams antibiotics also were useful and heart beat also drop down . But even i do not have pain in my throat i will disconfort especially when i drink very slightly cold drink. I have feeling that some thing is not ok there. Because hypothyroid sytmtoms hurting me much i though if am .feeling well so i decided take back thyroid hormone. So i began last 2 days to take half of 25 microg pills and i again began to feel ( less than it was ) tension kind of pain in back side of my head, tension in ayes. The most interesting moment is that i pain is displacing. It means that some time i feel pain in back side of my head some times tension in my ayes some time in my throat. I also want to mention that i went to endocrinolgist recently in Europe . He told me -- all endorinical measures are in the norm, but my thyroid hor is directly in the border and it might be reason for some hypohyroid symthoms. I included my last blood test results here please also view In conculsion i want to ask to doctor: is it possible during last 2 month i has pain in ayes, head and high heart beat due to hidden infection process of my throat?. I was filling very very good when i was taking thyroid pills why when i try to recovery intake i have pains ( again current pains are less than used to be before takng care of my throat)? can i recovery THS hormone uptake ? What are doctors general opinion ?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 3 hours later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Your attached report shows a borderline T4 which may indicate a subclinical hypothyroidism. The TSH is near the upper limit of normal, which means that the brain is signalling to the thyroid gland to increase the production of thyroid hormone. 2. You can safely continue the dose of levothyroxine (Eutiroks) 25 mcg. You must monitor the T3, T4 and TSH levels. 3. Allergies, colds and throat infections are more common in hypothyroid people. Some of your symptoms may be related to these or a sore throat with sinusitis. You have also changed your place of residence recently. 4. The absorption of levothyroxine may be affected by other medications that you may have or are taking. Avoid any medication or food within 4 hours of taking the levothyroxine. In addition, variation in your natural thyroid hormone levels may be the reason that you are not experiencing the same relief this time. 5. This should not be a major cause for worry and will settle down with time. Keep a regular follow up with your endocrinologist. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.

Follow-up: Is eye pain and increased heart beat caused due to hidden infections in my throat? 27 minutes later
Thank you for respond doctor, doctor these head pain ( specially in back site of my neck) tension around ayes and disconfort in throat can be due to throat infection? these last days i kept my throat warm and last 5 days took antibiotics- can some source of infection remaned what you advice to do ? Can hormone interact with infection in throad ? Best regards XXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: As below: Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. 1. Yes, the headache, pain at the back of the neck, tension around the eys and discomfort in the throat may be due to a throat infection. 2. You will need to get the throat examined again and medication such as an anti-allergic, an anti-inflammatory and steam inhalation may have to be added. 3. The thyroid hormone will not interact with the throat infection, however the requirement of hormone and it's absorption may vary as explained above. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.

Follow-up: Is eye pain and increased heart beat caused due to hidden infections in my throat? 6 minutes later
thank you doctor, sorry doctor last questions- what kind examination do you require for complete check of throat infection ? can i send you exam results so you can tell your opinion ? Best regards XXXX

Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 8 hours later
Brief Answer: VL'Scopy Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for writing back. 1. You may get a Video-Laryngoscopy (VL'Scopy), a direct throat, neck examination and a throat swab done to check for throat infection. 2. You may share the video, clinical examination notes and lab results directly at bit.ly/Dr-Sumit-Bhatti I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.