Is bumps on my vagina a sign of STD?

Apr 2014

I gotta be honest. There is this Guy that I have been seeing for bout 4 months now and he's a great Guy in all but I have been having these thoughts run through my mind. I guess I am scared to have sex with him because even though I have been to the doctors plenty of times last year I still don't feel convinced that I couldn't possibly have an STD for example. Like even if I don't have any symptoms big l could still be carrying the virus and not know it. I have some weird bumps on my vagina and every time ive Home in either the doctors don't notice it amd say everything looks normal or maybe they do see it think an they just don't look like anything serious guess ive started examining my vagina more so maybe ive always had these bumps but I am scared they are something because I have been with give guys in my past.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You need proper clinical exam and investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You are right.If you have some doubt,it must be cleared through clinical examination and investigations.Some of the STD's doesn't cause any symptoms and some mimic other conditions so it must be clear. It is important to know about red bumps,blisters in the vaginal region,any discharge,fever,headaches,muscle pain,pain and burning sensation during urination,itching,burning or swollen glands in the genital area,heavy menstruation etc. You must talk to your doctor about screening of STD as you have doubt.Besides clinical examination you need tests and it includes urine RE/ME,blood examination,vaginal swab,specific test for chlamydia,herpes,syphilis,gonorrhoea and HIV. In future always go for protected sex. Bumps in the region of the vagina may be due to Bartholin's cysts and these generally found on the labia majora. Other causes like Skene's duct cyst may also cause bump closer to the urethra.Clogged skin pores and sweat glands in the region of the vagina or sexually transmitted infections can also cause bumps in the region so it need clinical examination and treatment can be done accordingly. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX