Ask a Urologist   »  

Is blood in urine connected to sting on forearm / wrist causing two inflammed and itchy red dots ?

I am a 38 year old female. I live in Eastern Washington state. On Monday, May 23 i was bit or stung by something unknown on my forearm/wrist. It stung like a needle. I noticed two bright red dots. That night they were not swollen until the next morning. Through the week, the whole area has become inflammed. I applied topical anti-hystamine to help with itching. Redness has not spread more than a dime or so. Last night (May 26), I began peeing blood. I have never had a burn to pee.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later

Passing blood with urine is most commonly seen in kidney stones- may be present without any symptoms. Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis needs to be done to rule kidney stones.

The insect bite causing blood in urine without any other neurological defect seems less likely, but some insects do produce blood related disorders which increases the tendency to bleed from various sites.

It is not sure which of the aforementioned could be the cause here. You need to act fast and get a few blood tests done so that if it is a case of insect poisoning then Delay may cause detrimental effects.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.