Is ballon sinuplasty a better choice for bilateral ostiomeatal block with pansinusitis

ENT Specialist
Dear Doctors , As per my CT PNS it is mentioned as bilateral ostiomeatal block with pansinusitis.Both the maxillary sinus is blocked. Since I have less time and have to leave out of country I would like to know whether is there doctor who can perform ballon sinuplasty in Chennai since iam very much feared of doing normal FESS procedure.Also please let me know whethere ballon sinuplasty will be helpful in this condition.One more information I have tinnitus and I have taken MRI of brain which is normal.So wanted to give a try whether it can cure my tinnitus by clearing my sinuses. Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Professor XXXXXXX Kameswaran Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and will suggest you best and reliable doctor. According to me in chennai, you can consult Dr. Prof. XXXXXXX Kameswaran MBBS, MS, FRCS (Ed.), FAMS, DSc., DLO Madras ENT Research Foundation (P) LTD. [MERF] 1, I Cross Street, 11 Main Road, R.A. Puram Chennai, Tamil Nadu, 600028 044 0000 Balloon sinuplasty is helpful in this condition and also in the tinnitus cases; but for better management consult the doctor. Wish you good health
Follow-up: Is ballon sinuplasty a better choice for bilateral ostiomeatal block with pansinusitis 14 hours later
Dear Doctor, Extremely thankful for your response. I would also ask you whether normal FESS procedure is painful or is it bearable . Whether will it destroy the normal anatomy of tissues or is it just minor one . If done how many days will it take to recover . Also when all other possibilities with respect to tinnitus has been ruled just wanted to know whether sinusitis can cause tinnitus because it is sometimes going up and sometimes calm and often mild but doesn't go away. Also wanted to know whether VIT D def can cause tinnitus. Regards
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Vitamin D deficiency can cause tinnitus but.... Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your follow up query. 1. Normal FESS procedure is bearable. 2. It is the just minor one. 3. Within 7 days it is almost recover. 4. Sinusitis may be responsible for your tinnitus, if other disease is ruled out. 5. Vitamin D deficiency can cause tinnitus but not so much often. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.