Is an extra dose of Synthroid life threatning?

ENT Specialist
I accidently took Synthroid of 200 mcg instead of 100mcg. I took one in the morning and one at night, by mistake. I'm to have a colonoscopy and endoscopy done tomorrow and took too much Synthroid yesterday. I skipped my dose yesterday but today just took my regular dose this morning. My face is beet red and I have red splotches on my body when I get hot. I'm been very hot all day. What are the symptoms of accidently taking too much Synthroid?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, they are! Detailed Answer: Hello! I would like to assure you first! One extra dose of synthroid will generally will not cause any trouble and you should not be so troubled.these symptoms may be due to the excessive dose and will subside in a day or two, dont worry! If however, you develop palpitations or chest pain and feel very restless, then meet your doctor immediately. Other symptoms like tremors, loose stools may also develop, but these will subside in 1-2 days.! If you are still restless or "hot" i would recommend that you postpone your endoscopy/colonoscopy for a few days! Take care Regards