Is an LDL level of 201 bad?

I have LDL of 201 is this bad
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 49 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Figuring out the best cholesterol levels to aim for can be confusing. It's important to keep your cholesterol levels within healthy limits. And if you have other risk factors for developing heart disease, you need to be even more careful — especially with your low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad XXXXXXX cholesterol level.
LDL 201 mg/dL is very high. I will briefly give you the desired levels
1) Below 70 mg/dl is Ideal for people at very high risk of heart disease.
2)Below 100 mg/dl is Ideal for people at risk of heart disease
3)100-129 mg/dL is Near ideal
4)130-159 mg/dL is Borderline high
5)160-189 mg/dL is High
6)190 mg/dL and above is Very high
Because LDL cholesterol is a major risk factor for heart disease, it's the main focus of cholesterol-lowering treatment. Your target LDL number can vary, depending on your underlying risk of heart disease. I advice you to see your physician for treatment, they will prescribe you a medicine that will help in reducing your LDL level along with that you should restrict your diet also.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.