Is Xenosoul and Menotropin IVF-M injection are the right medicines prescribed for irregular periods?

Infertility Specialist
I am a 28 yr old woman. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the past 8 months. My periods are always irregular (gets delayed by 7-10 days). 1. I have done a master health check up and all my vitals show normal(No thyroid, no anemia etc). Even my "Whole Abdomen Scan" shows no signs of cysts. 2. Last month, I visited an OBGYN who prescribed Clomiphene on the 2nd to 6th day of my cycle and advised Follicle Study. I was given a HCG injection on the 10th and 15th day.During the 15th day, right ovary had a dominant follicle of 24mm.Hence was adviced intercourse for the next 4 days. But no luck in getting pregnant. 3. This month I again visited the OBGYN who prescribed "Xenosoul"(Anastrozole tablet 1mg) to be taken from 2nd day to 6th day of the period cycle and also asked me to take Menotropin IVF-M injection on the 2nd,3rd,4th day of the period cycle. Then she mentioned that I need to do a laproscopy to check if the tubes are fine or I have endometriosis. Is my treatment going in the right direction? Should I wait for a few months to do laproscopy? And is "Xenosoul" the right tablet to be taken because I did not find any mention of this particular tablet in the internet.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: Laparoscopy not required Detailed Answer: Hi, 1) You have received right treatment till now. Not to worry. 2) Laparoscopy is not required so soon. Please refuse it. 3) First get husband's semen analysis and send me the report. 4) If semen analysis is normal get HSG tube test for you. Laparoscopy is absolutely unnecessary at this stage. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Is Xenosoul and Menotropin IVF-M injection are the right medicines prescribed for irregular periods? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply doctor. Semen analysis for my husband was done last month and here is the report: Macroscopic Examination Volume : 2ml Viscoscity : Viscous Liquification Time :15 min Motility Total Sperm Count : 60 million Grade A :20% Grade B :30% Grade C :20% Grade D :30% Morphology Normal :10% Abnormal :90% Head defects :50% Midpiece defects :30% Tail defects :10% Agglutination :Absent Fructose :Present After seeing this report, my OBGYN had prescribed Paternia and Lineator. I'm not sure if the semen analysis is normal or not. Can you please confirm? Since I have already taken whole abdomen scan which showed that I do not have any cysts or abnormalities, is it necessary for me to go for HSG test as well? If so can you please explain the purpose of an HSG test?? I'm also taking Ovacare and Folygel-DHA tablets in the night. Will it help me getting pregnant?
Brief Answer: Normal semen Detailed Answer: Hi, Your husband's report is fine. He does not need treatment. If he has started let him continue as it wont harm. Ultrasound scan is a different test than HSG ( Hysterosalpingogram ). HSG tests fallopian tubes patency from where egg needs to travel towards womb. Ovacare is not helpful. Folic acid will help growing baby if you get pregnant and not help in getting pregnant. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility SPecialist