Is Rregestrone safe for delayed periods?

Hi,this is XXXXXXX my period date is between 25 to 28 but i did't get the periods and i consulted doctot last 2days back and she advised to use REGESTRONE tablet.can i use this tablet? If i use can i get pregnency ?please suggest ur valuble information
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: kindly reply few questions. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX can you please answer few questions so that I can guide you further. Are you sexually active? if yes, then did you test for urine pregnancy? Please ask if you have more questions, and do write back with the answers so that I can guide you further. Awaiting your response. Regards Arif
Follow-up: Is Rregestrone safe for delayed periods? 10 minutes later
Yes and i get urine pregnency as negative fot B HCG
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Regesterone is a safe drug. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for the reply. As your pregnancy test is negative, and I presume your doctor has clinically examined you and confirmed that there is no pregnancy. Your doctor has given you regesterone for withdrawal bleeding. It is a SAFE drug, and it wont affect your future fertility/ pregnancy. Just to remind you Regesterone is not a abortion pill or drug for contraception. You need to practice safe and protected sex to prevent unwanted pregnancies. So once you get your periods kindly use some effective contraception. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!