Is Nasivion,Augmetin and Fluticone safe during pregnancy?

Mar 2013
Hi doc, I am 29 weeks pregnant and i am suffering from cold and cough from last 4 days. I was using Grilinctus syrup from past 4 days with no effects. Now my medicines got changed and i would like know whether its safe to use these medicines during pregnancy? Is there any side effects of using these medicines on my baby. 1.Nasivion Tablet 2. Augmetin 625 Duo 3. Fluticone-FT Nasal spray 4. Vapvol through steam
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: SAFE IS USED SHORT TERM. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. With regards to your medications - 1. Nasivion is oxymetazoline, which is pregnancy category C, it is best avoided in pregnancy. 2. Augmentin Duo is pregnancy category B, the benefits outweigh the risks. 3 . Fluticasone Spray too is best avoided when pregnant 4.Vapvol is safe. However, at 29 weeks, most organ systems in the baby are formed. If these medications are for a short period ( maximum a week ) then it is alright to take them. Do not take them for a longer period of time. Also, please take them after showing your gynecologist the prescription, as she would be intimately familiar with your history and risks. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.