Suggest remedies for cold and cough in a child

Question
My son is 1 year old. He is having cold and caught. He is not able to sleep because of the caugh and cold.
I gave him 2.5 ML of cetirizine syrup. He is still not able to sleep .
can I give him chericof syrup. chericof syrup had good results yesterday
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
proper time lag neeeded between two drugs.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX tharnipathy,
Thanks for asking. I understand your concern.
Actually Cherrycough also has content like cetrizine.. so it's necessary to maintainproper time space between two drug specially in children.). You can give Chericof after 8 hours of Cetrizine
Home care with hot milk with a pinch of turmeric ,dry ginger powder &sugar.. boiled together ...would help him.Nasivion pediatric nasal drops over the counter or light fomentation of forehead ,nose would relieve his nasal block ... &he would sleep.
In case he has fever or the symptoms are worse... consultation of hos pediatritian for antibiotic would be safe.
I hope thlat solves your problem.Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.