Is Lunesta intake safe when taking Propranolol for high heart rate?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
I just started propranolol, 60mg and took my first dose today. My heart rate hasl already dropped to 61 bpm. Do I need to be concerned about taking Lunesta?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello! Detailed Answer: You do not need to worry because lunesta is a treatment for insomnia or"sleeping pill" and is non-benzodiazepine. You can take it even if the Heart rate is at 60's. The most common side effects of eszopiclone are headache, drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, unpleasant taste, stomach upset, and loss of coordination and do not interfere with propanolol. But you should know that patients taking lunesta may become dependent on the drug for sleep and experience withdrawal symptoms when the drug is discontinued. Take care of your self