Is Insulin of 152 normal?

I got a copy of my lab test results and i have a question. We did not discuss my insulin results which is 152. The range is 35-140 and my 152 is abnormal. What does this mean? Do i need to go back to my dr?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Insulin levels are not very helpful Detailed Answer: Blood insulin levels as a lab test have been around for a while, however no practical usefulness of this result has been found and hence it has not entered routine clinical practice. It continues to be done in research settings as part of clinical trials and drug development. High levels are often an indicator of Insulin resistance although caution is required interpreting this because a simultaneous blood glucose level is necessary. If blood glucose levels are below normal then insulin should also normally be low. But if it is high in such instances then it can signify the presence of other conditions, some of which are worrisome