Irregular periods, unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72. No periods yet. Chances of pregnancy?

i am 17 years.I already have the problem of irregular period at every cycle delayed by 10-15 days some times once in two months.Last MC was on 12th Feb and i had unprotected sex on 26th March and taken unwanted 72 after 19 Hrs.I have waited for 7days(till date) for bleeding but still not.What is the possibilty for pregnancy?How many days can i wait more?Is it necessary that the bleeding has to happen within a week? I have not yet done test for pregnancy.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 hours later

You have written 26th March instead of February, as your LMP (Last Menstrual Period) was on 12th Feb you have to wait till 12th March.

You have taken emergency contraceptive within 19 hrs so there is no need to worry about pregnancy.

It is not necessary to bleed within a week of taking the pill.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Irregular periods, unprotected sex. Took unwanted 72. No periods yet. Chances of pregnancy? 3 hours later
Thank you very much.
Sorry for the confusion created by me.Both the months mentioned here are wrong.Last MC happened on 12th XXXXXXX After that No MC happened in the month of february and then i had unprotected sex on 26th Feb.
I have taken unwanted 72 after 19 Hrs of sex.till date i have not got period/bleeding.Please reply taking these facts in to account.What is the possibility for pregnancy?Should i go for some preg test?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 28 minutes later

Welcome back.

As you said you had your LMP (Last Menstrual Period) on 12th January so the next period should have come on 12th Feb or near that but if you did not have sex between 12th XXXXXXX to 26th Feb then there is no chance of pregnancy.

If you had unprotected sex before that then there are chances of pregnancy but there is no harm in doing pregnancy test at home with kit available over the counter.

Hope I answered all your questions. If you do not have any more queries, please close this discussion.