Irregular periods, PMS, bloating, dark brown periods, hormonal irregularities ?

Hi i am 25 yo. I have a history of slightly irregular periods, pms which includes excessive bloating. My query is that i got my period last in march and last month I just had a very dark brown period and light. Midcycle again i had dark brown discharge. Now am just bloating. Also, I the time around my period last month i had started exercising and also had exams. Whats going on!
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Follow-up: Irregular periods, PMS, bloating, dark brown periods, hormonal irregularities ? 13 minutes later
History- Irregular Periods and childhood asthma
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Decreased bleeding and brownish discharge can be associated with hormonal irregularities, excessive anxiety, diet change, extreme exercise or crash dieting.

In your case anxiety seems to be the cause.

If this has happened for the first time, you can just ignore it and watch out for your next period.

Decreased bleeding will always be associated with bloating due to PMS.It will subside once the normal periods are resumed.

Meanwhile reduce intake of caffeine containing beverages like cofee, tea during your cycles or a week before expecting them.You must drink lots of fresh fruit juice and increase water intake. Avoid spicy food and have lots of XXXXXXX vegetables and fruits.These will reduce the bloating during cycles

If the cycles get often irregular , consider consulting a Gynecologist for an evaluation

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.