Irregular period, cyst, had spotting, on deviry tablets. Cause?

General Surgeon
i didnt have periods for last two months ( in XXXXXXX and July ) in July i had spotting .
I consulted a doctor , she suggested for a scan. Scan results were normal (had smal cyst) and she gave Deviry tablets for 5 its been 3 days past taking Devriy tablets.....but no this something serious?
i Had regular periods before marriage , and after forced aborition also i had regular periods...............
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 20 minutes later

Thanks for query

Delayed periods can be due many reasons like hormonal, medications or even stress can delay periods, this is known as Secondary Amenorrhea.

Secondary Amenorrhea is often caused by hormonal disturbances from the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland and by certain drugs.

It is defined as the absence of menses for three months in a woman with previously normal menstruation or nine months for women with a history of Oligomenorrhoea.

As your ultrasound is normal and you are already taken tablet Deviry, but without any results, I would suggest you to wait for few more days, if still no periods you need to go for hormonal tests.

It is a very common condition seen in many females. So, please do not worry.

Hope I have answered your question well to your satisfaction.

Wish you speedy recovery.