Irregular bowel problem since 6 years, frequent burning urination. What has happened ?

Hi I have been suffering from irregular bowel problem since last 6 years. I have been taken many medicine but not get complet relife. my thyroid lavel also 7.4, 3 to 4 time i have to go to toitel during morning hrs, I can't take any non vegitable food. Also feel very high burning uritation during toilet. Pls let me know what happen to me.
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 10 hours later

The details are unclear. It would have been good if you mention the name of medicine that you take. What was the diagnosis mentioned by the treating physician?

Since you have bowel problem for about 6 years which has not progressed or changed over a period of time, it seems that you have some kind of a functional bowel disease. Such problems at times may not be completely curable, but medicines and life style modification can certainly help you in relief from the problem. You should discuss your problems in details with your physician and I am sure he will be able to prescribe you medications that will give you relief.

I am not sure which thyroid level you are talking about, is it TSH levels? If it is TSH, the value is low. Then you may need some thyroxine preparation in low dose. The physician should be able to prescribe the dose as needed.

As for your urine problem, you need to consult a urologist. It needs to be investigated with some tests after a physical examination.

Let me know if I can assist you further.