Inhaled a lot of bleach. Feeling lightheaded, difficulty to breathe and chest pain. Any treatment?

Pulmonologist
Question
I inhaled a lot of bleach and comet last night around 6 p.m. and was very light headed and could hardly breathe I thought maybe it would disappear by this a.m. But nothing has changed except I'm no longer light headed and whenever i inhale no my center upper chest hurts and XXXXXXX in my feels clogged
Posted Mon, 17 Dec 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 48 minutes later
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX
After going through your query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to have had an episode of acute bleach inhalation.

2. Right now, you have some amount of difficulty in breathing.

3. You need to get yourself clinically examined by a pulmonologist or atleast a visit in the ER is required. Investigations required are chest xray, pulmonary function test, oxygen saturation and blood tests. You may require nebulisation (bronchodilator and anti inflammatory medicines) therapy with or without oxygen as per your evaluation findings.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
MBBS MD DNB
Consultant Pulmonologist