Ingested contraceptive pills. Risk of pregnancy? Side effects of overdose?

Hi Doctor,

During seven days I ingested two contraceptive pills every day; in another day I ingested four in the same day; and two days later I ingested three in the same day. But I NEVER forgot any pill, I hardly ingested it more. Do I take risk of getting pregnant? I'm 34, I have good health, I did not notice side effects of overdose. Thanks.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

Taking excess doses of contraceptives is not very necessary. If you took it by error, you need not replicate or duplicate, nor neither skip doses. Being adherent to your doctors prescription to prevent against falling pregnant.

I suggest you just continue with your normal dose of your contraceptive. There is really no risk of getting pregnant if you took your contraceptives maybe before engaging in an unprotected sexual intercourse. However, the only contraceptive method that is actually purely 100% sure is abstinence. But appropriate taking of your contraceptives do not warrant you to be worried. Be calm and monitor for any unwanted effects or unusual signs and symptoms. You might need to seek advice from your family physician in case something unusual is noticed.

For now, be calm , take the doses of your contraceptives as prescribed by your family physician. Wishing you the best of health and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Ingested contraceptive pills. Risk of pregnancy? Side effects of overdose? 12 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
I really have psychological disturbances of anxiety, and I am already looking for psychological treatment. The excessive fear made to me ingest these doses to more.
But you left me more calm, thank you very much, ever! I will take more care in my next cycle. Best wishes.
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 6 hours later
Hi and thanks for your kind words.

Maybe a few clues to get out of anxiety that have helped most of my patients and myself at times.

- Belief in yourself
-Know and accept the realities of the world. It s but normal to face difficulties, hard moments from time to time, its a cycle and they have to come and go. Do accept some circumstances as part as parcel of life.
Be positive, belief in a better tomorrow, love yourself first and love your life
- Stay close to loved ones, make them realize how you care for them. You so much to your family and close ones, your being sad hurts them at times. You need to be happy and productive for them.
- Take off time to please yourself. Rest, eat nice, go out for walks, spend time with loved friends, green empty spaces
- Exercise, especially group exercise do help most people.
- Eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, less salts, less saturated fats).
Get enough rest and enough sleep.

Above all, belief and trust in yourself you can do because you really can. Kind regards ans I wish you the best of health.

Bain LE, MD.
Follow-up: Ingested contraceptive pills. Risk of pregnancy? Side effects of overdose? 4 days later
Thanks for all :-)
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Thanks for your kindness as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.