Infection in foreskin,irritation between scrotum and anus,tingling sensation

Hi Im aa 40 year old male and last year I got an infection in my foreskin which has made it a bit tighter. Then later last year I thought I had a few times been going to the toilet more frequently and had this feeling that If I'd let go I would leak althought wouldnt. I only seem to go to the toilet more often now maybe one day every once in a while but I feel like there is irritation down there maybe between my scrotum and anus. Its like a mild tingling sensation and sometimes mild pulsating throbbing. I found for a while that I would have some urine left and if I pushed forward from beihind my scrotyum after going to the loo it would come out as I felt as though my underwear was getting smelly sooner maybe due to a leak Any ideas or suggestions. My urine was tested and was fine.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 13 hours later

After going through your query, I understand that you have 2 main problems

1. Infection on the foreskin which often irritates.
2. There is increased frequency of urination, some retention of urine and sometimes leakage.

Well, I think both these conditions are related. Before answering your questions, may I ask you a couple of questions?

1. Does anyone in your family have Diabetes?
2. Do you have high blood pressure?

I am strongly suspecting Diabetes Mellitus as an underlying problem. The infection on the foreskin may well be Candidal Balanoposthitis (fungal infection), which is quite common in diabetics. DM also leads to increase frequency of urination and tingling sensations due to neuropathy (nerve damage).

Another thing that we should look for is Benign Prostrate Hypertrophy (BPH) which is common at your age and leads to increased frequency, hesitation and retention of urine. Sometimes, post micturition dribble may also be seen as in your case.

I suggest you get your fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels done. Also consult an Urologist for BPH. An ultrasound will pick up if your prostrate is enlarged.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Follow-up: Infection in foreskin,irritation between scrotum and anus,tingling sensation 28 hours later
Hi thanks for the help only my sister in law has diabetes. But I havent got it. The infection I did get in my foreskin was like Balanitis but I think was bacterial andis gone but became a bit tighter as a result but something that you could live with . It can be tighter depending in what state you are down there. My blood pressure was borderline high early last year and last time I had it done it was normal.I hadnt told the dr about the mild throbbing sensation but she thought maybe I needed to retrain my bladder.

I had noticed If I had fell asleep at night that I when I had woke up and then stood up to go to bed upstairs I had realised that I was really desperate for the toilet so much so that I wasnt sure I was going to be able to hold it all in and have leaked a little before I got there. It happened recently and it almost seems like I dont feel it or notice that so much when lying down but its when I stand up I was wondering as if there is more pressure there that way. I had felt like that after getting up from lying sunbathing on holiday and had frequent urination that day back in February. And once on two different holidays February and November I had had to go to the toilet only about 10 or 15 mins after going. But on those two occasions I felt as though I'd passed a fair amount of urine.

I did wonder about my prostate that Is something the doctor didnt check. Though I would say that I only get the more frequent urination on odd occasions now it was the sensation down there and the fact Ive had to rush to the toilet some nights. If I'd woken sooner maybe I'd be better.I dont get up a lot to go at night I can sometime not go to 6am. Normallyduring the day its about every three hours which is ok.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 14 minutes later

Thanks for the clarifications.

Another possiblity that comes to mind is neurogenic bladder.
So my suggestion is to get your blood glucose checked if you have not done it in the past 6 months.
Consult your Urologist for BPH ( prostrate enlargement) and cystourethrography to look for the bladder dynamics with voiding cystourethrogram.

Hope I have answered your query. Wish you Good Health.