Infected spots on chest, headache, sore body. Taken Septra. What is wrong?

I have some infected spots on my cheast. For five days now I have felt run down, a headake, and sore body. I went to the doctor and he gave me Septra. The spots on my cheast are better, but the feeling bad is not. Whats wrong?

Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Dear friend,

Infections have widespread inflammatory effects on the entire body. This inflammatory damage gives rise to all the manifestations of prostration and constitutional symptoms. Though the organisms are killed by the antibiotics, the after-effects of infection take some time to restore and disappear; hence the prolonged ill-feel.

Do not worry. If spots are disappearing and there is no fever or new symptoms, it will all go away in few days.

Take good rest, simple painkillers like acetaminophen for aches and pains, good nutritious diet and relax.

I hope to have clarified your query. I would be glad to answer any further doubts.

Take care and keep me posted on your progress,

Good luck!