In how many ways we can cure phimosis?

Hi Doctor, could you please tell me in how many ways we can cure Phimosis.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
The treatment varies with age.
In infancy, Phimosis has to be differentiated from normal variant that occurs at that age.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed, one of the following is advised based on the severity.
1.     Attempt to retract during bath/ showers using soap and water. Advisable for children between one and 10 years.
2.     Steroid cream can be tried for 2 to 6 weeks, though not commonly practiced.
3.     Surgical treatments include a. Dorsal slit b. Preputioplasty c. Circumcision.
A and B involve only incision in the skin to make it loose whereas circumcision removes the foreskin.
Your physician would be the best person to evaluate and decide on the line of treatment.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts if any.

Follow-up: In how many ways we can cure phimosis? 5 hours later
Hi Sir,

I am 25 years old, can i use steroid cream for the same and inform me which one is best steroid cream. Could you please tell me which is best option in Dorsal, Preputioplasty and Circumcision.

Thanks & Regards,

Welcome back.
You need to be examined before taking any decision.
Of the lot, circumcision is the best, if a decision is taken towards a surgical procedure.
Get well soon.