In coma, have drug-induced renal failure, taken antibiotics for chest infections. What can be done?

Question
My mother is in coma since 29th October 2012and now in drug induced renal failure after multiple antibiotic therapy for chest infections,her creatinine level is 14.3,no dialysis is being done on her,please let me know what can be done eg.Is there any Ayurvedic treatment you recommend for her high Creatinine and dearranged kidney
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Cause of renal failure could be due to many causes in elderly patients. It may be a preexisting mild renal failure which has been aggravated by drugs, infections and so on. The best way to deal it will be subject him to hemodialysis if her conditions are stable or else peritonreal dialysis. You will have to discuss this issues with a nephrologist. Please note that no ayurvedic medications will help in this type of situation.

Hope this helps
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern
Best wishes

Follow-up: In coma, have drug-induced renal failure, taken antibiotics for chest infections. What can be done? 5 hours later
Thanks Dr.
But how much is the scope of neurological recovery for the patient.
Presently the patient just opens eyes when people surrounding her give verbal stimulation,and this has definately shown improvement since she has been shifted to home enviornment.The concern is whether she would wake up or not!!!!

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 9 hours later

Thanks for the feed back

Whether a patient in come is going to improve or nor depends upon the cause of the coma. Cause of coma could be due to low glucose, stroke, cardiac arrest and so on. Further the outcome can be predicted by tests like MRI scan and EEG test. Let me know you have done any of these tests or you may consult your neurologist

Best wishes