I'll start a sentence and can't find a word I

Excellent

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I'll start a sentence and can't find a word I need. I wanted to describe a monetary problem and couldn't think of the name of my broker - Can't think of it now. Been using that broker for 30 years. Ah, just thought of it - XXXXXXX Schwab. Missing nouns seem to be a problem.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A form of aphasia, get neurological examination.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Difficulty finding names or words is a kind of aphasia ( anomic aphasia ) that needs to be evaluated further about its cause.

Aphasia may be caused by conditions such stroke, dementia, vascular malformations of brain, etc.

Getting evaluated neurologically by your Neurolgist is necessary as the first step in understanding better your condition.

Tests such brain MRI also may be necessary.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.