If a Clearblue fertility monitor shows I am ovulating. Is this right?

If a Clearblue fertility monitor shows I am ovulating is this right that I do ovulate on my own as I have used ovulation predictor kits and they have never shown ovulation. My GP says fertility monitor is a much better way of knowing that I ovulate. Fertility monitor does show some months I ovulate and most months but a couple of months it has never shown ovulation

Do I have a chance of getting pregnant naturally I am age 37 and overweight, I am currently trying to lose weight to help
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chance of natural pregnancy there, reduce weight.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query.
Among ovulation predictors available, Clearblue Fertility Monitor is the best as it shows maximum level of LH and estrogen when ovulation is most likely.
It gives more than 90 % ovulation time correctly.
Please have sexual intercourse for 3 days after test is positive.
As age advances chance of having conception decreases but at this age you can conceive naturally and there might not be having any problem.
Reduce your weight as early as possible as over weight is again a problem for having conception.
Rule out diabetes hypothyroid as well.
I hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
wish you good luck.
Follow-up: If a Clearblue fertility monitor shows I am ovulating. Is this right? 37 minutes later
I dont have diabetes or problems with thyroid.

Why do ovulation kits never actually show ovulation but the fertility monitor does? Is this good enough for me to say that I ovulate.

If I ovulate naturally do I have good chances of becoming pregnant naturally?
Brief Answer:
Natural pregnancy possible, try during ovulation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting query again.
Ovulation kit shows only LH level where as Fertility monitor gives LH and estrogen level while ovulation taking place so it is more accurate and does not miss showing ovulation.
In your case ovulation occurs regularly then there are all chances of having natural pregnancy.
You do not have diabetes and thyroid is again favoring point for having pregnancy.
Now only thing is to go reduction of your weight.
If require take Dietician's advice and go for weight reduction.
I answered your query.
Now if you do not have further query you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good luck again.