I was circumcised in childhood. Can I restore my foreskin back by surgery?

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
hello sir
m a 21 year old boy studying in a collage. my penis was cicumcised in childhood days, but now as m grown 21 year old can i restore my foreskin back by surgery....i dont like appearence of my pennis & it has reduced my sexual feelings,
if yes will it be painful and how much will it cost and how many days after that i have to wait to make my penis be normal? and where it is available in india? and will it will be safe in future? send me full details including fee structure and after surgery pics if u have.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Souvik Adhikari 58 minutes later

There are a couple of surgical as well as nonsurgical ways of restoring the foreskin of circumcised individuals.
Surgical techniques comprise of grafting the distal portion of the shaft of the penis and later using it to recreate the foreskin. Another method of providing foreskin is utilizing the skin of the scrotum to recreate the the foreskin by burying the penis into the scrotum followed by elevation with the scrotal skin.
Nonsurgical methods comprise of gradual expansion of the skin of the penile shaft by a variety of techniques like cross-taping, T-taping and using other stretching devices. You must note that these devices would require proper application and patience because improper application would lead to skin necrosis. Also these have to be applied for a couple of hours per day so you might want to check your schedule to find out if you are willing to invest the time for these. Typically this would require a period of 2-4 years to get adequate foreskin when the stretching devices are applied for around 12 hours a day. Anyway, if you resort to stretching devices, it would be wise to put these initially under the guidance of a plastic surgeon. Later on you can continue the process by yourself.
If you compare the results then I can tell you that gradual stretching would produce better results than other surgical interventions.
The price of these devices would be in the range of Rs. 3000-5000. If you would like to go in for surgery then it would cost you around Rs. 0000-0000 (for 2 stages). The stretching process would cause some discomfort but not XXXXXXX pain.
Please feel free to ask me further questions.
Follow-up: I was circumcised in childhood. Can I restore my foreskin back by surgery? 9 hours later
How many stages of surgery I have to undergo for restoring foreskin? Will it be painful? A
how much time pennis will take to come to normal stage? Now I am studying in college so.I cant afford much money. Will it be safe if I may undergo surgery after my graduation at age of 24 or 25. Will it be ok. Reply my all the answers including previous question which you have not answered.
Answered by Dr. Souvik Adhikari 4 hours later
If you wish to undergo surgery then it would comprise of 2 stages spaced around a month apart. Yes, any form of surgery is painful but not during surgery as you would be anesthetized. In the postoperative period, you would experience pain for which you would be offered pain medications.

Yes, it is safe to be operated around 24-25 yr of age. This surgery is performed in all metropolitan cities in India. Following the procedure, the penis would take a couple of months to come back to its original size and the swelling to resolve. Once the swelling resolves, it would be safe in future.
Follow-up: I was circumcised in childhood. Can I restore my foreskin back by surgery? 10 hours later
Sir can I know once I undergo this surgery how many of days I have to stay in hospital and for how many days of bed rest do I need to have. After undergoing 1st stage how many days I cannot do my daily routine like playing,going for job walking etc.
Answered by Dr. Souvik Adhikari 15 minutes later
Hospital stay is typically for 1-2 days following surgery depending on how fast you recover.

Bed rest would be for 5-7 days. After 2 weeks or so you should be able to perform your daily routine.

Hope I have answered all your queries.