I recently visited paed for 3month checkup and he suggested

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
I recently visited paed for 3month checkup and he suggested 2 new medicine apart from existing Vit D3.

New:
1.Neopeptine drops -2 weeks only
2.A2Z drops

Existing
Depura Vit D3 drops

Pls suggest whether multivitamins (A2Z) and Neopeptine is necessary or not.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not needed, please see the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.

Neopeptine is a digestive enzyme preparation that is meant to help in digestion. However, such preparations are seldom useful. A to Z drops and Depura Vit D3 drops can be continued.

Neopeptine is not necessary. A to Z would be necessary if the child was born preterm, but not otherwise.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow-up: I recently visited paed for 3month checkup and he suggested 22 minutes later
My Child was born at 36th week instead of planned date on 37th week. Is is preterm and should i go ahead to start A2Z from 3month onwards??

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Optional, not essential.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back,

Your child seems to be late preterm. However, vitamin supplementation (A to Z) is not essential.