Headaches following the HIDA scan, constant abdominal pain, chronic elevation of alkaline phos. Help?

I had a HIDA scan yesterday and following the procedure I have had a headache. I am not prone to headaches , so I am assuming this has something to do with the test. I also had pain and nausea during the injection od the CCK, which I understand is a common side effect of the exam and has no relevance as to wether the gallbladder is or is not functioning appropriately. My symptoms are atypical in that I do not have upper right quadrant pain, rather I have mid upper abdominal pain that is constant and does not change in intensity when I eat fatty foods. I have had an Abdominal U/S and CAT Scan with contrast; both were neg. My pancreatic enzymes are normal, but I have a chronic elevation of the alk. Phos. Sometimes as high as 192 and several years ago it soared to 592. Nothing ever developed............I am a retired RN.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  104 Awaiting Answer