I have small rashes on my abdomen that look like little cold sores?

I have small rashes on my abdominal. They loook like little cold sores?
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ecchymosis or allergic response Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks of your query. I have seen the image you have attached. Based on the appearance of the rash you have I can think of two possibilities. It could be an Ecchymosis which occurs secondary to low platelet count. his can be diagnosed by getting the platelet count estimated. The low platelet count could be due to either viral infection or due to blood disorders. recurrent rash at the same place does indicate Ecchymosis. In here the rash usually gets darker as time passes. Other possible condition could be an allergic rash to a known or unknown allergen also could be secondary to an insect bite. In here the rash is associated with mild itch and feeling of warmth around the rash. A blood tests called Absolute Eosinophil count is done to confirm the diagnosis. I suggest you to get the above mentioned blood tests and meanwhile take a dose of Benadryl to get rid of the rash, as it may work if its due to allergy. Hope this information helpful to you. Feel free to ask further related query, i will be glade to answer them. Wish you good health. Regards,